Sie sind hier: Start » English » History

Kruspe_Briefbogen

Ed. Kruspe carefully built high quality brass instruments for more than 175 years.
The name Kruspe is mentioned in the prerogatives of the town of Erfurt as far back as 1530.
In 1833 Karl Kruspe took over the Erfurt workshop of the master to whom he had been apprenticed, the instrument maker Karl Zielsdorf.
Together with his two sons Eduard and Friedrich, Karl Kruspe established the special workshop for brass instruments that was later to become world famouse.
 
In 1864, Eduard Kruspe became the proprietor of his father's workshop.
Eduard Kruspe retires from the daily business in 1893 and his son Fritz takes over the company. Further on Eduard is still attached to the business and keeps his development work for new models up.
With his outstanding artistic talent and extraordinary skills, he consolidated the good reputation that Kruspe instruments had acquired by that time.
In 1897 Fritz and Walter, Eduards sons, developed the first workable F-B double horn.
Kruspe_EduardKruspe Eduard Kruspe
 
Fritz Kruspe dies in 1909 and his widow takes care of the company.
 
In 1920 control of the firm passed to Prof. Georg Wendler, Eduard Kruspe's son-in-law, who had been a horn player with the Boston Symphony Orchestra for 20 years and had taught for 16 years as Professor for Horn at New England Conservatorium in Boston, Mass. USA.
Kruspe_GeorgWendler Prof. Georg Wendler
 
In 1936 Rudi Schneider starts working for Kruspe. He had learned the instrument-making trade under Fritz Kruspe. Things became increasingly difficult for the firm after 1945. Obtaining materials, in particular, became more and more difficult and as a result barely any new instruments could be made. He becomes proprietor of the traditional workshop in 1956. For 20 years, Mr. Schneider was the only master craftsman working at the firm.
Kruspe_RudiSchneider Rudi Schneider
 
Peter Heldmann has owned the firm between 1979 and 2011. He also completed his apprenticeship and journeyman training in the famous company.
* 1952-1962: apprenticeship as craftsman for brass instruments with Ed. Kruspe
* 1963-1969: apprenticeship and master in mechanical engineering
* 1969-1975: diploma engineer for mechanics
* 1979: taking over the company from Rudi Schneider and qualification as master craftsman for building brass instruments
* 2012: retired
Heldmann Peter Heldmann
 
Since fall 2012 business is continued by Tatehiko Sakaino.
 
(Pictures are kindly provided by former owner of the company)
Kruspe_Logo

 
https://www.facebook.com/EdKruspe/